Ride C2C - What we fixed with Duct Tape and notes to self for next year
Jul 24, 2017
- These are some "notes to self" for next year.
Bring DUCT TAPE! (We bought some on Day 2)
Things Fixed with Duct Tape:
- Shnozzle air pump bag for air mattress - without duct tape we could not inflate our mattress.
- Bottom of Purse - from Vietnam
- Doug’s Bham sticker (kinda stuck)
- 2 Books - they were falling apart.
Fancy zebra duct tape
What we don’t need to pack:
- Sleeping shirt
- Slotted spoon
- 2 non-riding shirts (only 1 needed)
- Nuu-muu dress was too short to be functional at campground - a little longer would be better - or a pair of “boy shorts” bathing suit bottoms that I could wear with it
- Long tights
- Only 2 pair socks - 1 wool, 1 not wool
- Just 2 pair undies
- Don’t have to have flip-flops and sandals (forget the flip flops)
- Don’t need cotton wipes or cotton swabs
- Bring ¼ of a bottle of dish soap in a smaller squeeze bottle
- Laundry line (use rope instead)
- Garmin? Was really useful 1 time, sucked a lot of energy. Take it, not mounted, as a backup for GPS? Have a different monitor (like Doug’s) mounted.
- No booties, no toe covers
What we wanted or loved
- Better salt & pepper shaker (they leaked)
- Ground Tarp was good (bring again)
- Down coats great (and for pillow stuffer)
- Bring 2 different types of bike shorts (to alter the saddle sores)
- 2 not-jersey shirts (Doug loved his) - or loose jerseys for air flow
- Hot pad
- Plastic cutlery in handlebar bag
- iPhone leash - attached to my handlebar so that I could pull out my phone to take pictures without too much worry of dropping it.
- Solar panel - battery pack was great
- Vietnam purse: - but may need different one because of duct tape fix.
- Maybe a sleeping sack in addition to sleeping bags? The bags were so hot sometimes.